This is Roger with American Real and welcome to our 13th episode, where this week our guest is Andy Hnilo, former star athlete, actor and model turned entrepreneur.
After being struck by a series of large vehicles while crossing a busy street March 20th, 2011, Andy woke up in a hospital bed suffering from multiple injuries including a broken jaw and ribs. While recovering, his desperation to heal became his inspiration and in the process he created a wondrous healing mask, followed by a full line of all natural skin care products he named, Alitura.
His journey would bring him together with Dave Asprey, the founder of Bulletproof Coffee and Bulletproof Nutrition, where Dave would become a partner in Alitura. When Andy says the products are all natural he means it, confessing most are even edible and some actually taste good.
Andy is a living example of perseverance, determination and the ultimate pursuit of your inner passion.
Join us as we discuss:
- How he was inspired at a young age to prove his baseball coach wrong.
- His stringent work ethic.
- How baseball became his obsession until he fell to injury.
- His short-lived, but successful modeling and acting career.
- The details of a traumatic accident in 2011, which changed his life trajectory.
- His invention of the clay mask.
- How his passion for health and fitness turned into a business.
- Dave Asprey, his affinity to Bulletproof products and how Asprey became a partner in Alitura.
- The importance of reducing inflammation and the need to strengthen the immune system.
- The purpose behind his all natural ingredients.
- The true feeling of passion.
- His second chance at life.